Sat, Aug 14|
Cardboard Book and Self-Publication Workshop
With Elizabeth from @ lajoyita.editorial we will learn the art of the cardboard book and self-publishing.
Time & Location
Aug 14, 2021, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM GMT-4
About the event
Welcome to the workshop with La Joyita Cartonera ! Remember that during the workshop we will need the following tools and materials:
1. cardboard knife / cutter / tip top / scalpel
2. metal ruler
3. awl / awl / hammer + nail
4. cutting base
5. lead pencil / lead holder
6. folder or something similar
7. Wool needle according to the thread
Note on Tools
* if you do not have a punch / awl, have a base where you can make the holes in the booklet and the cardboard
* hopefully the cardboard is from a box that you had or that you collected from recycling
* The box you choose has to be clean, without stains. You can remove the adhesive tapes (scotch in case it has)
* Choose a box whose thickness allows you to fold the cardboard. Large tv-type boxes are very thick
* the awl is a tool found in stores such as those that sell leather and is used to pierce it for sewing
1. Cardboard box enough to cut a piece of width 31cm and height 22cm (the "fiber" of the cardboard must be horizontal for this piece to be cut)
2. Letter size sheets (bond paper)
3. Bookbinding thread or carmencita type or waxed thread (like the one used to make bracelets and necklaces)
5. Cutouts to make the cover
6. Notebook for taking notes
Note on Materials
* The waxed thread can be cleaned a little to remove the excess. Pass it through a nova cloth or towel
* Carmencita yarn is a yarn that is used to make crochet doily.
* If you don't have letter-size sheets (like those used for printing), you can recycle college-size notebook sheets.
* the binding thread that I use is made of linen and I don't use one that thick but you can try
* I consider that wool is useless because it cuts easily.
Entrance to the WorkshopCLP 0Sold Out
This event is sold out